Saturday, May 12, 2007

*whew* Pluggers are not everybody anymore.

Today's strip confirms that.


I mean, I'm white. I'm one of those pale, pale white people that never tan, only burn. And burn fast.

However, I've never had suspender marks.

Of course, I'm a girl, so I'm wearing more than suspenders above my belly button in the sun.

But I haven't seen any men - even portly (that adjective goes with suspenders) ones - wearing suspenders with their swim trunks. I've never seen anyone period in suspenders!

Outside of Grandpa Simpson and Jughead.

Though I wouldn't mind wearing funky ones over a white t-shirt, I'd never wear one for the intended purpose.

And I can't imagine any reason why you can't find a pear of trunks with an elastic waist big enough to fit, and just snug enough at the waist to stay on.

Bernard?

They're laughing at you, not with you. Trust me. No cute college coeds think you're cute. Unless your suspenders are diamond studded and woven with diamond thread.

Even if you had a nice chest, the suspenders...

I just don't see someone so out of touch as to wear suspenders to the beach or pool!

If we could see his feet, he'd have on black socks with garters and some sort of sandals - hopefully flip-flops.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.