Saturday, May 5, 2007

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Pluggers are ordinary Americans, I'm sure they celebrate Cinco de Mayo the same way everyone else does - getting hammered on something other than beer.

I'm not sure what the point is of today's panel. Are you?



Hi RhinoMan! Long time no see.

I'm not even sure what a 'backup plan' means in this context. Normally when a Plugger plugs a phrase, they give it a different meaning.

But not here - that is a backup plan - if the belt doesn't work, you've got the suspenders.

I don't know what definition of backup plan they're referencing - a safety school? A 'fallback' career? Two copies of a scholarship application, report, or other papers? What?

I hate belts, unless they're on kimonos, robes, or tae kwon do uniforms. And I've never worn suspenders - I probably would have in 6th grade when I enjoyed wearing colorful, odd clothes. (So many vests.)

Most of my jeans are kind of loose, but if I wear a belt and keep it as loose as possible, it's still tight enough to hurt, which has more to do with my abdominal problems than anything. My school made us wear belts if our pants had loops - boys or girls. One day my senior year, I felt good enough to wear jeans, but there was no way in hell I was wearing a belt. So I slashed each loop before leaving.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Even when discussing clothes, Rhinoman is chronically depressed.

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.