Sunday, May 27, 2007

It's Memorial Day?

Or is it tomorrow? I've never known, if you have the TV on this weekend, there's plenty of Memorial Day... things... and everything is closed Monday.

"Pluggers" is about 'mercuns, and they love the soldiers, so today's strip should have something about Memorial Day. Opus did! I haven't seen it yet, I know it will have nothing about anything topical or timely.



Oh, it's about the vacation/grilling part of Memorial Day.

We won't do that this weekend, we've been grilling for a couple of months now and it is too hot by the end of May. Though we may grill after the sun goes down.

That is surf and turf, though. I mean, it's seafood and non-seafood meat. I'm confused.

I'm also confused about the shrimp. And nauseated, I love shrimp, but this shrimp po'boy from a non-chain restaurant's been making me sick the last couple of times. I'll have barbecue next time.

I understand grilling shrimp. (Or fish fillets.) But not popcorn shrimp! Isn't already breaded and supposed to be nuked or cooked in an oven?

I don't know, I grill burgers or pork steaks. We sometimes grill keilbasa and hot dogs, but those usually boil on the stove or explode in the microwave.

We have some fish fillets right now, and I know mom won't grill them, she'll cook them in the stove with a great sauce and they'll be great.

Finally... what animal is grilling? Is he making bear burgers?

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.