Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Pluggers are Old, Take 4.

Again with the old thing. Today's strip makes a lie out of the comic's description - old people can't work as hard as young people, though they have to now that everybody's broke.

Though I guess they were hardworking.



I love dollar stores - they have some of the most unusal things. One had a book on getting rich by Donald Trump.

We're currently looking for a coupon sorter and can't find one at any of the dollar stores in the area.

They also sell candy.

One Christmas, my dad made my sister and I shop (separately) at dollar stores for gifts for our (my sister and I) family and friends. Becky actually found something cool for me - a glow-in-the-dark inflatable ball that I hung from my fanpull for a couple years. She complained that I didn't appreciate her gift, so I blew it up and hung it up. And then she complained that it scared her when it was dark in my room! You can't win.

I don't know where it is now...

Back to the cartoon, maybe it's because I got less than 4 hours of sleep, but jeez! We get it.

They're old.

When was the last time a dime store actually sold things for a dime? Aren't we talking my great-grandmother's time here?

And dollar stores here don't sell things for a dollar - we have almost a ten cent tax! They should sell stuff for 91 cents.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Then again, why a chicken in a v-neck sweater would need a box of thumbtacks is beyond me. Apparently this chicken speaks! It's a v-necked talking giant chicken! Run for your lives!

Kaitlyn said...

Actually, 99 cents for a box of thumbtacks sounds great to me... I always need thumbtacks - my room is postered to oblivion. To bad they can't be used in dorms...

Kaitlyn said...

She's buying thumb tacks to hang up the children she killed, so she can have chicken jerky.

Anything to make them as psychotic as possible.

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.