Friday, May 11, 2007

Sorry I missed yesterday.

I still didn't feel good, and when I felt better, it was storming or threatening to, so I couldn't get online.

I may feel better, but yesterday's strip confuses me.



So... huh? Oh, now I see - Pluggers are cheap.

Plus, it's Florida, and that guy's retired, he doesn't need to own more than one suit. Guys can wear a dark suit to a wedding and a funeral (hopefully not the same day), while women can't.

But we're talking 20+ years out of style... Cheapskate. Don't be surprised if you're not in many photos, Gramps!

But I'm still confused! Maybe it's because I've never been to a wedding?

But today's strip I understand completely.



Except for one thing...

Pluggers have DVD players now????

And they think they're saving money, but they're not. Netflix seems great. You pay $5 a month per DVD you can have out. So if you pay $5, you get one DVD, watch it, send it back, and get another one, and repeat until you're done. You can pay $10 and have 2 DVDs out at once, and there's no monthly limit to how many you can turn in and rent.

Library DVDs have due dates. And you have to pay for each movie and get it back in less than a week. And if you pick up 3 and it's less than $15, well, you can't pick up 3 more.

One monthly payment! No due dates!

My aunt and uncle in Nebraska should be Pluggers, and they're signed up with Netflix. The library's only open a couple hours 2 days a week (Tuesday and Saturday), and they're nowhere near a Blockbuster.

I've rented movies from the library. (VHS, that's how long ago it was.) It cost less than Blockbuster, but was due in 3 days. Blockbuster lets you have them a bit longer, but Netflix still seems the best of the bunch.


Unless they get movies for free from their libraries...

Pluggers have DVD players????

Eek, I didn't mean to come off as a shill for netflix, we don't even use it, I'm just going by what I see in commercials, their website, the library, and the local Blockbuster.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

my dad had one suit when i was growing up, and he wore it for 10-15 years, even when it was out of style. when he gained weight, my mom even altered it.

now he owns a tux from men's wearhouse.

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.