Thursday, May 17, 2007

Two for Thursday.

I just wrote 'Tue for Thursday'.

It's not Tuesday, that was the other day. I know this.

Yeah, exhausted, woke up late, it was nice outside when I got home (70s, springlike weather in May! Only a fool wouldn't take advantage of that).

That's my excuse.

Let's travel back in time to yesterday, via yesterday's strip.



Ha ha! Parental pluggers don't remember math from when they were in school, proving that their children are right, you don't need math once you're out of school.

Yes, math homework, once you get past 3rd grade, can be tricy for the average parent, because you don't use the skills you learned (or in my mom's case, didn't learn) in your regular life unless you're in one of the few jobs that do.

But "Sudoku" isn't some hoity-toity elitist technological thing...

It's supposedly easy, once you firgure it out. And it's in most daily papers, most magazines, online, it's everywhere but in my MADs.

So I don't buy that the average Plugger doesn't know about Sudoku. They're supposed to be everyfreakycreature, and most everyone does these things. (Not anybody in my house, but some of my relatives do it, and that includes the ones in Nebraska.)

Now, back to the future! Today's strip:



I don't get it.

I don't understand it.

At all.

Not the "joke" or "truth about life", I don't understand one word.

Maybe it means that to turn on high-beams in old cars, you had to use the pedals, and now you don't, and Pluggers are old?

And you don't want a dog near the driver's side floorboard!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You read MAD? Awwwrighhhht!

I can explain today's "joke". Years ago (I'd say 30 or more), automobiles had a little button in the floor, to the left of the driver and well toward the front of the car. You would push the button down with your foot to activate the high beams (or turn them off if they're already on). If you can find an old automobile somewhere (say a 1964 Impala) and investigate, you'll see what the deal is. Oh, ho, ho, ho, those pluggers sure are old, how hilarious! Har! Har! Har! Gee, how rib-splitting funny! Oh be still my aching heart!

Anonymous said...

The used car I borrowed off my dad had one of those. It was a real heap.

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.