Saturday, May 26, 2007

I'm pretty sure

what today's comic shows is illegal and goes against a cardinal rule about the mail.



In Ray Miller's defense, I've never seen this before, but I've never worked in a post office or as a mail carrier.

Haven't we always been taught to never send money? Send checks or money orders or wire it to your offshore account, don't send real money!

But she's not sending it, he's taping it to the envelope because he's too cheap and lazy to buy one cent stamps, forever stamps, or the new ones!

Which makes some sense. Mailboxes get pretty big the farther you are from a post office.

But like everything else in the world, I'm pretty sure you can buy stamps online.

2 annoying, confusing things - Ray as a first name, spelled that way, screams that the sender is a man. My late grandfather's name was Ray, so my mom's middle name and my middle name are Rae. Same pronunciation, different, more feminine, spelling.

What kind of animal is that? I know it's a female animal, because, despite the inter-species lovin', I'm pretty sure guys don't have pageboy haircuts and earrings in Pluggerville. What is it supposed to be?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As near as I can tell, that's an obese female dog or bear or something that's wearing a cheap hideous wig of some sort. I guess part of the charm of this "comic" is the mental exercise we get when trying to decipher what the hell those jackasses are supposed to be drawing. I recommend Sudoku puzzles as a better way to get mental exercise. More entertaining anyway. And not annoying.

Cedar said...

I'm from Appalachia, and my mom said that she used to do this when we was younger. They didn't tape the coins on the envelopes, but they'd leave money for postage in the box. The mail carrier would buy stamps for them. They discontinued the practice because the postal service was getting bigger and more segmented, and they probably didn't want their mail carriers traveling with money. My mom says the last time she heard of this was in the early 70s.

Cedar said...

we = she

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.