Wednesday, May 23, 2007

They're old - but with a horrifying twist!

Today's strip goes in the scary "this applies to 18-year-old me" pile.

Take a look.



One look at my CD collection and youtube videos shows my love of music older than myself.

When I started listening to oldies, in 2003, there were still stations that played Elvis.

Now, not so much. In Memphis, too!

The station I listen to now has no talking djs, but plenty of commercials. It says it plays "70s, 80s, and whatever" and "whatever" can mean the Beatles or Green Day. It's a nice mix, but I must go to CDs for 50s sound - not even the classic R&B stations go back that far anymore.

You know why?

It's called S-A-T-E-L-L-I-T-E R-A-D-I-O, Phil Mahoney of Ligonier, Pennsylvania.

I myself don't have it, but my dad does, or did, and I've looked at the channel guide.

You can go back farther than the '50s, if you want.

Or hey, if that's too pricey, try an mp3 player and buy CDs or mp3s. I'm sure your grandkids can help.

Another thing - this was sent in by Phil Mahoney. Not "Mrs. Phil Mahoney".

Why does he keep changing the gender? They can't all be talking about people other than themselves!

Also, I'm positive, I've seen his name and location before.

And, final insult, that looks like no car on the road, today, yesterday, or any decade mentioned in today's comic, except for the Pluggerville Roads.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Check out

http://www.bobforrest.com/JukeBox.htm

for some 50's music.

Kaitlyn said...

Thanks for the link.

I'll check it out when I'm on a faster connection. (When school starts. Dial-up is eeeeeevil.)

lol. ror. said...

pluggers apparently don't know how to use the seek-function on their radios since formats tend to change around.

There's also something called AM radio where songs from the '50's and 60's were banished to during Ska's reign.

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.