Thursday, October 23, 2008

Thursday October 23rd

The comic:



Sprinkle is a funny awesome last name. I included awesome because, well, I'm just glad nobody reading this knows mine. It's not embarrassing, exactly, just stupid. Though it sounds right with my name after 20 years, so meh.


Why did I talk about Mrs. Sprinkle? Because I saw her last name before seeing the caption. I finished the first few sentences, looked up and my jaw dropped.

Are they depressed? Or is this yet another "Pluggers are old" day?

And what their opinions are worth? Where did that come from? Are they saying we don't care about our old people? (56 is old? Shit, man, 56 isn't old. Come back in 20 years. Of course, Pluggers are old from day one, so making it to 57 is a huge deal.)

This could have been clever - a dark-skinned person checking the "other" box in the race section. That tells you what your opinion is worth.

Of course, if Pluggers over the age of 56 want to be represented in approximately ten year blocks, they need to stop acting like friggin clones. Annoying clones.

I can't sleep so I'll probably be back here again right when I lay down with some brilliant bon mot that just can't wait til morning man!

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.