Sunday, October 28, 2007

Wednesday the 24th

Comic link -



Gender sender bender alert!

Gender sender bender alert!

And an illogical one at that. Wouldn't it play into the stereotypes to have a guy throw whatever clean sheets are in the house in the general direction of the bed or make it, not caring about looks, only comfort?

I guess only women say 'bed linens' in Pluggerville, and only women make beds.

I didn't make my bed at home unless I was a little restless or going away for more than a day.

Now, I make it every time I wake up because there's a bed. And an uncomfortable wooden chair. Take your pick.

As for matching 'bed linens'... no.

I have a sheet that matches my fitted sheet, but I don't sleep with a sheet unless I'm really overheated. (No matter how overheated I am, I need at least a thin sheet - probably to protect me from monsters. They're not real, so what's the harm in pretending my sheet can shield me?)

I have a brown comforter and a blue one. Both are I don't know how old.

So yes, I mix and match my bed linens.

But I don't say or think of them as 'bed linens'! That should count for something, right?

I've only heard that phrase on a Macy's commercial starring Martha Stewart and some clothes designer guy.


This entry gets the 'cool' label, because mix and match sheets and comforters look cool and feel awesome.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.