Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday the 29th

Ha!

I just wrote little essay for a little class.

We went to the Civil Rights Museum today, will that change how I look at today's cartoon?

Yes. Remember - I don't look at these until I click 'New Post'. And sometimes I'll type out some BS, and then look at the comic and give up.

But not today!


Young Pluggers drink Gatorade now.

And a young Plugger is around 60.

Yeah, Pluggers are old.

Yeah, he recycled this joke for teetotalers.

I'll recycle mine - Pennywise should kill all Pluggers.

3 comments:

Matt Ramone said...

Ha! It's funny because his digestive system is deteriorating!

This strip, more than any other, is prime for the "It's funny because [depressing analysis]!" format.

Family Circus is a close second. "Ha! It's funny because PJ still craps himself!" or "Ha! It's funny because Billy's too stupid to pronounce Spaghetti!"

Kaitlyn said...

Do people actually laugh at or enjoy these comics?

These sadden me - some real person sent this in, until the CC tells me otherwise.

Matt Ramone said...

Sadly, this reminds me of a lot of the middle aged-to-old people I met when visiting the Midwest.

It basically makes a mockery of their impending mortality and/or abject poverty. Hey, spoonful of sugar and all that, but damn.

I mean, if I opened the paper and read a cartoon strip about young, white collar professionals and it was as depressing as Pluggers, I'd probably hang myself in the bathroom. "You know you're a tighty-whitey when your office just cancelled your health insurance and your girlfriend needs a root canal!"

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.