Saturday, June 7, 2008

Tuesday May 20th

The comic:


Wait.

What?!

Pluggers go to college now?

But...

But...

But...

I guess there have been hints, like this one. It could be interpreted to mean that Pluggers write.

But still. A Plugger? With a post-high school degree?

Or it took 4 years to get a 2 year degree, which can be good or bad.

Good - she's a moron.

Bad - life got in the way in the form of kids, sick family, or illness. Or if this was a guy - the draft.

(I meant good or bad for me.)

As of right now, I have no outstanding college-related debts. I got money for being smart, and money for being poor. I always thought Pluggers were in my financial class, but apparently they aren't. They're probably where many Americans are when it comes to paying for college - too rich for financial aid and too poor to afford it without massive debt.


I'm too lazy to research '70s tuition or student loan regulations, but thirty years sounds extreme.

I know it takes a long time to pay them off, but thirty years? How much interest is that? And she couldn't get a well-paying job?

I just don't get this.

Maybe she went to Harvard.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.