Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Friday June 6th

The comic:


Okay. Pluggers like old movies.

And probably rave on about how horrible today's movies are.

I think it's great to have a set of movies you love - one director's work, one actor's work (Johnny Depp can do no wrong!), a genre, a time period - but you've got to be open minded.

I forget which movie message board I saw this at, but it said Bollywood is better than Hollywood. More emotion and what not. Some people disagreed, and one mentioned The Shawshank Redemption as a very moving movie (with no dancing, sadly).

I've never seen a Bollywood movie, but I love the music. I'm eagerly awaiting Dil Se... from Amazon. I can't wait.

Maybe Bollywood movies will become my favorite movies, the best ones, according to me. But does this mean I'll abandon American cinema? Of course not. Imagine what I'd miss.

I used to say I only listened to music older than me. Except for this one! And that one! etc. I am mostly listening to Bollywood music now, but I still listen to non-Bollywood songs - like Kollywood! No, if my sister likes something, I'll check it out. What harm does it do?

Knowing Pluggers, they would never do this when it comes to movies.

While non-Plugger film buffs will give newer ones a chance.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.