Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wednesday December 24th

The comic:


We've abandoned the countdown for Christmas. Prepare for glurge onset tomorrow!

She is wearing tennis shoes. Really.

This is the only time during the holiday season that I am glad I have never seen the movie. And since I've been in college, I've avoided November Christmas music.

Yes, they get annoying, but damn, I didn't realize how much I miss the traditions. Or what they were. When Hollie helped us decorate the tree, she lived down the street. Now she's a mom. In the next county.

Whoops, starting to identify with Pluggers.

But seriously, do people watch the movie more than once in one day? Really?

3 comments:

Polsy said...

I'm sure their TV's too old to have a remote, so they'd have to get up to change the channel otherwise. Just switch it to a marathon of something with a part you love and collapse into a bizarrely flat-looking puddle in your chair. At least, that seems to be his plan.

Sigma said...

*waves* I do. It's about the only Christmas movie I can stand (nope, not even Christmas Vacation). And I do love it so.

I have that special edition DVD, yet I'll go ahead and watch it a couple times on the TBS (or is it TNT? I always get the two confused) marathon. I'm one of those weird people that can read/watch/play/listen to the same thing over again and still enjoy it, but if I watched it for the whole 24 hours I probably would get sick of it.

Also, Merry Christmas, Happy חנוכה, and [culturally appropriate greeting] Kwanzaa.

Kaitlyn said...

I've usually heard Happy Kwanzaa and that sounds right.

Right now, I am remoteless, though I have cable. (The dorm.)

And yet, I change the channel when something comes on that I don't want to watch, no matter how bad I feel.

Though if I feel too bad and I've got headphones off, I turn them off.

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.