Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Tuesday December 16th

The comic:



Ooh, gutsy.

I dare somebody who gets this in their paper to write in and complain about the implied bad language.

Ok, one, yes, he is asleep, but he cannot be comfortable. And his age (and mine, and I'm just 20), reclining is the least you can do for your back. Do Pluggers think comfort is a sin?

Also, I understand the tragedy of missing the ending of a movie, you just pop it in later and watch the rest. Right?

Oh, no, it just hit me. Pluggers watch movies they already have memorized so if they fall asleep, it won't be a big deal. That also explains why they never try anything new - they're afraid they'll fall asleep and miss part of it. Well guess what? Wednesday night, I slept through the first ten minutes of a new Daily Show. Through the miracle of reruns, I caught the segments on Comedy Central Thursday morning at nine AM. Magic!

Pluggers are lazy.

And they're not even good at it. You should see our recliner. Right now, it has our demon dog, Wickett, on it, and he's grouchy. He growls whenever I get off the uncomfortable (and I think broken) computer chair. Like to turn off the light. Or leave the room.

But when he's not there... damn, that thing is nice. And you can see the TV. Lazy, lazy, lazy days are encouraged in that damn things.

If you're going to be lazy and fall asleep watching TV, try to be comfy.

Why can't Pluggers ever have fun?

I mean, he's wearing formal pajamas (no sweatpants and t-shirt for him, no sir!), a robe, and slippers. Our heater is on the fritz, so I get the layers. But the formality? Where are the blankies?

I only saw this movie once, but his movie watching outfit reminds me of the dad in Dead Poet's Society, and how SPOILER ALERT the night his son kills himself, he takes his slippers off just so. The dad was played by Kurtwood Smith, who later played Red on That '70s Show.

And the chips.

The unopened chips.

On the ground.

Not comfortably within reach.

I'm beginning to think Brookins doesn't like Pluggers either, or he'd draw them happy more often.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't help but be reminded of that episode of The Simpsons where Grandpa and the old folks at the retirement home watched a bowdlerized version of Gone With the Wind...

"Frankly my dear...I love you, let's remarry!"

Kurt Kaletka said...

Does this mean that those nerds who can recite every single Monty Python line are Pluggers, too? Who knew?

Kaitlyn said...

Kurt, if that's true, that would explain why they claim to be 80% of the population.

Anonymous said...

What's with the diet cola on the table? I didn't think male Pluggers would be seen dead drinking diet soda... Such beverages are for the womenfolk and sissy urban elitists.

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.