Thursday, August 23, 2007

I'm watching Malcolm in the Middle right now.

Followed by King of the Hill.

Much funnier - even the worst episodes of the Simpsons are funnier than Pluggers.

I wish Pluggers was big enough to warrant a mention in MAD. Mallard Fillmore and They'll Do It Every Time hasn't been mentioned either, along with Gil Thorp.

So sad.

Onto something sadder, today's comic.

Who has said that extinction is not forever? That's the first thing that makes no sense.

The second? A bald animal head, with hair on the rest of the body - mange doesn't just mimic male pattern baldness.

He looks so despondent, that hair must have really mattered to him and his happiness. It must have been magical hair, to make up for the ugliness, of course.

Hair doesn't go extinct, it falls out and stops growing, I think, most of the men in my family have a good head of hair, so I don't know.

And the dogs all have hair, even though it has been cut short for summer.

I'm saying this involves a Plugged-up common phrase, because it seems like that's the intent.

Not that I've ever heard of extinction being reversed - endangered animals, yes, but not one completely wiped out. Besides Jurassic Park, of course, something I've never seen.

So we're all technically Pluggers - we know that when the last of a species of plant or animal dies out, it's gone forever.

But who describes hair loss as extinction?

Besides Lloyd DeRamus of Buies Creek, North Carolina. Perhaps this has a creationism vs. evolution undercurrent? Or about climate change.

I don't want to know, and it won't make a difference.

The next one will be done on my laptop... in my dorm room... at school!

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.