Monday, August 13, 2007

I think this is my 100th post.

It is.

Yeah, yeah, whatever.

I almost looked at Sunday's comic on Sunday, but couldn't bring myself to do so.

Yesterday, it was so hot, I walked for five-ten minutes. (So very hot.) "Wear shoes!" sez the Mom. "Of course," sez I.

The shoes are as hot as the cement and asphalt I'm not walking on. Either they're too thin or they're reflecting the sunlight back up into the soles of my feet. (Black flip-flops.) It happened on July 24th, and I was on grass, not a sidewalk. This is the first time my shoes have ever been that kind of hot.

That counts as an excuse, right? I got up after the sun, it's only 5am right now, not very hot.


Sunday:



Wow.

A cell phone.

He's in a pickup truck - and he's using a cell phone line! ha ha ha ha

I think I've seen that name and location before...

I'm not sure I understand the "joke" here - Pluggers don't date strangers, just their relatives and pets?

That truck looks both too big and too small. He can't fit inside of it - unless he gets terrible reception inside the cab. But still, the size is off.

Monday:



I don't drink coffee, and I never will!

I win!

This name seems familiar as well.

I also don't get this - why leave the spoon in? The closest I come to coffee (as in using a coffee cup) is hot cocoa, and you stir the cocoa with a spoon, then take the spoon out to drink and burn your tongue.

Mmm, I can't wait until it's cold enough for that to feel good.

1 comment:

Cedar said...

I don't understand this one to save my life. Why would anyone leave the spoon in? I grew up in Plugger-central (the South, and then the midwest), and I don't think I've ever seen anyone do this. Heck, I worked at a restaurant that sold coffee in North Carolina, and never saw that. What does it mean?

I think the first one is like, Pluggers don't date; they marry the first person they ever kissed in high school. They don't need some fancy, big city pick-up lines!

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.