Friday, February 8, 2008

Wow, it's February.

I have a rough draft due Monday at 9:10am, and I have the outline and questioned answered from the workshop today. (Everything important I'd already covered in my outline - which sucks, but it's mine and I know what I'm doing.)

But no, I'm going to read for thirty minutes, and watch the new episode of Psych. (Las Vegas and Psych are on at the same time.)

Then sleep.

I am wiped out.

Last week didn't go as well as I thought it would, despite the auspicious start. (Can't go wrong with RhinoMan!)

Tuesday, we had some ferocious wind and 2 trees got knocked over on campus and my dorm lost power, except for the generator, so everything in the surge protector (my fridge and clock) still worked, and the lights flickered.

The temperature dropped after that. Thursday, I started coughing in my last class, and ended the day exhausted. I ended up turning in my English paper as I'd written it Monday night Friday morning, then dragging myself to the campus clinic.

They didn't have their lab... people or things, but hey, I had a real fever! (My normal is 97 and change, and it was 100 and change. ::nods::)

And the flu. The Tamiflu worked, I was functioning on Monday.

I threw up 3 times that day, and nobody cleaned it up or took care of me. :( (Becky didn't want me home, I'd get everyone sick, wah wah.)

Saturday was a sleepy non-barfing blur, broken up by my mom bringing goodies. These throat lozenges worked wonders, I could talk like that! Wow! Super Bowl Sunday, I felt a bit better, but still dragged around, which did not help when I did my laundry.

This week? Not so bad. But not perfect.

Monday and Tuesday were unbelievably hot. At least inside the classrooms. And dorms. And... everything with walls. The wind was nice, at least. Monday morning, I was going to wear tennis shoes and long pants, but no, too hot. Flipflops and shorts and a tank top. And no jacket. Somebody made a catty comment along the lines of "it's not that hot," but hey, my last class was a sauna.

And I wasn't only the one who thought so - I turned off my fan and oh no, why'd you do that? Bit of fun.

Monday afternoon, the fire alarm went off. Tuesday, the campus shut down. I went to a doctor appointment. It rained. We left. It rained and our stomachs beat the sirens and thunder in noise. We ate a terrible place, Danver's, but we ate inside the place, no moving vehicles. We went to Walgreen's. We drove up to the dorm from the East, and there were lights on.

Me: We have power!

We turned into the visitor lot (too cheap/lazy to get a parking tag and the general lots are too far away) and saw the other light. The blinking light. And heard the alarm. And saw the people.

Me: Keep driving!

The fire alarm went off. So everyone had to leave the building, so they wouldn't be consumed in an inferno.

But because the university didn't want to lose them to Oz U (I had yet to leave the vehicle - it was dry), everyone was moved to another building.

The cops showed up. The firetrucks showed up.

It took a lot longer than usual for people to be allowed back in the building. I waited it out in the car.

It was an odd night. I kept my window open, I heard the sirens, but none were directly overhead. We were told to go to the basement, or first 3 floor hallways. However, it was a suggestion, so I merely stuck my head out before returning to the window.

I watched the Daily Show and Colbert Report and went to sleep. No problems, except for a few minutes beeped out by the news that there was severe weather in the area.


So yeah.

Excuses, excuses.

But no promises, except one - I will not skip a single comic.

I will start again with Tuesday, January 29th.

Hopefully before January '09.

That is all, Psych is on soon, and Monk is on now and he's awesome.

Especially when compared to a Plugger.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.