Saturday, February 9, 2008

Tuesday the 29th

The comic:



I saw this one and thought about commenting on it on the 29th, but I couldn't. That's it - I haven't seen any since then. (I'm not adding Pluggers to my daily Houston Chron page!)

Josh already covered this, but I can't get his site to load right now. He was funnier than I ever could be, but hey! My blog is all Pluggers, all the time.

Or something.


Anyways, we've all seen the amazing Simpsons episode that inspired Chris Petersen (or Brookins, if Petersen didn't specify what he was pawning).

Hank Hill is crazy - "Savor the aroma of the beer"? Ew, ew, ew! Beer smells "like sick", Bobby, yes it does. (Oh, this statement amuses my mom to no end.)

Pluggers!

Depressing if the Plugger used to use a non-Plugger money market and has sunk to pawning off his childhood/his kid's saxophone.

Or as cockily Plugged as ever, watching the economy tank and laugh laugh because pawn shops won't be affected in a way that would bother him. He heard the term on the teevee and interpreted it as he saw fit.

I like the second one, I get to bash Pluggers and not feel sorry for them. That's good.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.