Friday, February 15, 2008

Friday the 8th

The comic:



Wow.

Topical.

Ish.

Reed Hoover, are you the dad or the kid (in the '70s or '60s or '40s)? Or did you just come up with this?

A dollar allowance at that age? Today? Weak dollar or no, sheesh.

I don't know if I like how stupid/confused that dad looks - "he wants more? but I only got a dollar!" or something.

Allowance is yet another topic I know little about. My sister and I got weekly allowances sporadically when we were growing up. The first one I remember was tied to chores - do extra, get an extra token in the cup thing, do less or act stupid, get one taken out, and then count them all on friday or saturday or the end of the week.

But they bought us things within reason, and still do, so hey.

A dollar a week won't get you much, you'd have to save for about 2 to 3 months to see a movie! But the weak dollar - doesn't that only apply to exchange rates?

But yeah.

A dollar a week sucks!

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.