Monday, December 31, 2007

Wednesday the 26th

Happy Boxing Day, Brits and Canucks!

The comic:



Back to the countdown.

Damn.

I do remember this one, and I definitely know that name!

This is supposed to be a sign of thriftiness (I am thrifty, you are cheap.), but I'm damn sure it's cheaper to get a loaf of white sandwich bread from the Wal-Mart than go to a bakery.

Though Dallas is a city, even if it's Southern. It may have bakeries.

Two more things -

"Daily bread"? This has to be published in some Evangelical publication. Or this was supposed to be published at the turn of the last century, when people needed to bake bread every day. I know they're Luddites, but Dallas is a city!

Also - I love love love love these stores - Bakery Outlets.

The bread was "baked the day before" and it's very good and very cheap. My mom is no Plugger!

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.