Thursday, December 13, 2007

Friday the 14th

Alvin and the Chipmunks is out today! We all want to see it. I can't figure out why - it looks funny, but it's so stupid!

I'm sure it'll be funnier than today's Pluggers. Hey, even High School Musical is funnier.



I first read that as "still has the plastic cover on his five-year-old son".

My version is better.

I can't figure out the disconnect between the genders today - I thought plastic covers for couches were what women cared about (no woman I know, but still). So why not draw the chicken lady?

The thought of a plastic cover on this couch is sickening, and I was like, "A Plugger wants to sit on plastic? But it's so hot in Pluggerville!" (Pluggerville being somewhere in the south.) But Wilma Shwarting's from Minnesota.

This falls under "Pluggers are old", doesn't it?

Our couch is more than 5 years old, I think it's going on 8, and we don't have a plastic cover, we never did! Just this year, we've started putting a blanket (god knows how old that is) on the long couch to cover the holes made by wear and tear and Dixie's claws.

Wait - is the plastic cover that plastic that came with the couch? Are they covered in plastic when you buy them? Were they in Stillwater, Minnesota in 2002?

I know our barstools and kitchen chairs were, but I don't think the couch was.

I do know 2 things - it would be better if the last word in the caption was 'son' and a plastic covered couch is uncomfortable. How can you sleep on that? Especially in the summer!

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.