Saturday, September 27, 2008

Saturday September 27th

The comic:

I hate chocolate ice cream.

Oh. I think I got it. Neopolitan is too fancy a word for these simple folk.

Pluggers like to eat. Pluggers in Tennessee like ice cream. Big surprise, though I most often crave ice cold water. But I ain't from Madison.

So tired, I can't think of anything about this because it's just stupid. And this week has been killer - 4 tests (though one classmate had like 5 or 6), and three of them were the first test in that class. I got my grade for my Tuesday test. I got a C. Hey, at least I passed, right?

And now my English teacher is proposing chucking everything on the syllabus for Infinite Jest and I signed up for this 5-week Saturday course that starts tomorrow (er, today) at 9am and damn I've been tired since 4pm! (If I do it and pass the test, I get extra credit in anthropology.) I'll just see how I feel in the morning - I know the difference between "but I don't wanna get up" tired and "holy hell my book makes a nice pillow oh wait I'm in the front row" tired.

So Monday night I was a bundle of nerves, Thursday night I went to the fair and saw Rick Springfield and refused to ride the Ring of Fire, and Friday night all that is catching up with me.
And all this week, I messed up one of my medications and the reaction came quickly and will leave slowly, with lots of pain along the way.

But at least I'm not a Plugger!


ETA: I did go to the class. I will be a Lay Health Adviser (Advisor? Whatever.) and learn about infant mortality.

I'll never understand my own body. I decided to go to sleep around 2:45. It took a long time to fall asleep, but when 8am beeped into my mind, I felt refreshed. Unfortunately, I didn't have anything to do between the time I woke up and 8:45. So I laid down and didn't set any alarms. Luckily, I woke up at 8:55. While I was late, I wasn't too late, nothing had started and nobody was mad. In fact, the speaker kept losing her train of thought or the spot she was reading and kept saying, "It's Saturday morning."


I'm sure you all care so much.

3 comments:

Erich said...

I would think that pluggers would LOVE Neapolitan, because it's such a bargain...three flavors for the price of one! They may not call it by that fancy name, but I'm sure they'd say "I got some of that three-in-one ice cream..."

Sigma said...

Pluggers are all right with Blacks and Indians, but Not In My Neighborhood™.

Okay, I'm being very facetious, but damn, that allegory was the first thing that popped into my head. Really, though, I think this is just "Pluggers are fat." Pluggers like ice cream so much they want full cartons of each instead of just a third of each.

Or maybe I'm looking at it wrong. Either way, yeah, Pluggers are fat.

Kaitlyn said...

Erich - I think their love of food trumps their love of being cheap. Plus, I don't think they buy the good ice cream.


Sigma - That's an interesting way to look at it. And a lot more interesting than what I came up with.

But do you think they're smart enough to be allegorical, or would they hear that word and think of Al Gore?

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.