Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I don't want to.

*whines*

I barely got online since Friday morning - super fast internet, but the sound wasn't hooked up, so what videos did I get to watch?

None!

I honestly never looked at this... this... comic.

And now I have to do way too many and I'm overheated and it's all your fault.

Saturday the 30th:


I like this, maturity is a joke - I spent my father's graduation money on an eyebrow piercing then walked into a children's bookstore and bought too many Archie comics. Life is too short for maturity when it's not needed. (Be a grown-up when it comes to money and your or your family's safety, of course.)

But Gwampa?

Heat makes me nauseous, maybe I should abandon this tripe until Christmas break?

Sunday the 1st:


Not true. We used purple duct tape on our back screen door to hold the glass in - it eventually just fell off.

And what a stupid example - the Plugger knows nothing of the Liberty Bell?

Whatever, using the bell must be the Plugger contribution to the fourth.


Monday the 2nd
:


Who says "elbow grease"? I don't want greasy elbows! And furry animals should never have anything remotely greasy or oily within a yard of their hair.

Do they really have "cordless screwdrivers" powered by something other than your arm? I used a drill once while helping (and probably setting the work back a few weeks) and drilled my finger. That's all I can think of for an electric screwdriver.

My lack of expertise is obvious, isn't it? Tell me how to use it, and I usually can.

Tuesday the 3rd:


This Plugger depresses me.

So, he's eating another member of their bizarre commune. Much less depressing.


Wednesday the 4th
:






This comic is about the Silent Majority, Middle America, the people you must sell the candidate to in Peoria, and this is their Independence Day showing?

I forgot what today was too many times in the form of constantly checking the mail and not understanding why Dixie should be sedated (10th Fourth of July and they still terrify her! 2 25mg Benadryls in white bread with a couple pieces for the idiots.)

But I still have one up on them - I watched bits of 3 Fourth of July cable marathons (Law & Order, King of the Hill, and The Twilight Zone), along with wearing red, white, and blue. I got this holiday mixed up with St Patrick's Day, no, I don't drink red, white, and blue beer in July, I thought you had to wear the 3 colors or you'd get sent to Gitmo instead of being pinched.

Anyways, yeah, fishing, great summer activity, that guy's a moron, it's too hot to fish in flannel, and that is an animal... covered... in fur.

Calling the ASPCA tomorrow...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And now I have to do way too many and I'm overheated and it's all your fault."

I'm sorry...:(.

Anyways, woe and behold, each one of these is bothersome in some way.

#1: Why can he pronounce the "r" in "vroom" but not "grampa"? I actually read his speech bubble outloud to prove to myself that the 'r' sounds are similiar, and the pronounciation should be.

#2: I was disappointed that this is the first time you got to use the "treason" tags. Also, James Mosier (who may or may not be related to Clerks producer Scott Mosier) blatantly stole that joke from an email fwd.

#3: Pluggers continue to do things the hard way despite the frustration? And, looking at the placement of the cupboards behind and in front of him, he appears to have some bizarre, sloping, David Lynch kitchen. The cupboard in front of him is against the wall to his left and assumedly the wall in front of him; yet he also has his back to a cupboard that is at an entirely different angle, yet still against the left wall.

Auugh, I'm analzying the art in Pluggers.

#4: Given Rhinoman's sad history, that's probably a "ketchup sandwich" he's eating.

#5: Wouldn't the "joke" be more in line with Pluggers canon if he was trying to steal his neigbors lingerie (http://joshreads.com/?p=953)? And yes, I am officially declaring there to be Pluggers canon.

Holy carp! It's nearly midnight! I need sleep!

Kaitlyn said...

Treason is cool - this comic is so prosaic and boring, I've got to read between lines that aren't there to get treason, murder, and cannibalism.

Kaitlyn said...

pmf, I found another use of 'gwampa' from May 30th.

I don't remember when I couldn't pronounce words.

Does he think its cute? (Brookins)

Or does he use it to show that this is a little kid, because all little kids can't say 'r'. My sister had a speech impediment, but that may have been caused by the constant ear infections as a baby. Turkey became "tohkey" and milk was "moke". I don't remember this, but mom does.

I haven't said "gwampa" outloud yet, but it sounds like a shorter than average 8-10 year old trying to act or sound young.

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.