Sunday, July 8, 2007

I really *do* want to do this daily.

It's just...

I don't get online like I used to. I don't know why - it's hot, humid, and unbearable outside, and this computer is downstairs, where it's always pretty cool.

I am reading more.

And sleeping...

Usually through the heat. And the heat that was beating the eastern side of the Rockies is making its lovely way across the country this week - I'm not leaving the house unless I'm guaranteed semi-decent temperatures. (Usually by an incoming storm.) But hey, I have ridden in 100 degree weather this summer, so I can make it to wherever and back to the shower. If I am flush with cash, I've made pitstops at Sonic, Baskin Robbins, and a gas station for a nice treat.

Back to people who are too dumb to come in from the heat.

Friday's comic:




Is this one a case of mixed up gender? I'm going to say maybe. I'd hope women would be smart enough to carry something better for them while running in a race (hopefully not a marathon, look at that poor creature) like, I don't know, water?

Virginia may be north of me, but they're not cooler in July, not even in the mountains.

Though she sent something into Plugger's, so...

Wouldn't it melt in the heat?

Hershey bars are, of course, better than PowerBars. I've had a few good granola ones, but they're usually rock hard, though a good breakfast on the run in middle and high school. Hershey bars, not so much.

But... this example of a time to eat a PowerBar is so stupid, even by Plugger standards! Sheesh. If I'd gotten on the computer Friday with the intention of writing about this, I would've gotten right off.

Saturday's:




He's talking to frozen food.

He's talking to frozen food!

I swear I don't get these people. Wasn't there a fishing Plugger earlier this week? What, fat cats don't like to fish because they don't like water?

And now Pennsylvania's a desert.

First time I've seen a cat.

I'm sure other animals like fish - like bears! Now if this cartoon featured the fishing Plugger, that would be awesome. "Look what I caught, honey!"

And today's, which finally addresses the heat. Kind of.




We had a wading pool for the dogs, but they never used it, and Becky used it as a tanning aide. Set up a chair next to it, and put your feet in it. Aah, bliss. For about ten minutes.

Let that damn dog in the house!

I see the dog's water is out in the sun. In July.

Or if the dog has a water dish in the shade, with ice in it (we always do that if they'll be out while we're gone, and we need a new outdoor fan), god knows what's in that pool.

Let the dog in the house!

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.