Sunday, July 15, 2007

I wish my excuse was housesitting.

That implies isolation, peace and quiet.

The truth is, since Tuesday afternoon, I've only checked my mail, and only because of financial aid worries - and I can't do anything about that (at least online) until August first!

The reason? My sister's bestest friend ever (I never even heard her name until 3 years ago, when she moved to Japan - she didn't know me, I didn't know her, no matter what Beck says) flew in from Florida (summer holiday, going back to Japan before school starts) on Tuesday.

Since then, it has been nonstop idiot teenagers. The minimum is usually 3. Yesterday, I got some peace and quiet for a few hours, they all went to John's house after swimming at another friend's house. (Beck was at work.) I spent the time watching movies and reading, and in the last 18 hours I have seen all of the first 2 Pirates movies (Love me some Depp!) and part of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. Adrienne didn't care, she wanted to sleep, Becky did - there had to be something better on TV at 11:30 on a Saturday night! I poked my head in during a commercial - she's flipping through channels, insisting something better is on. My movie ended at 12:30... and they didn't watch a damn thing.

Anyways, I have never been big on lots of people, especially Becky and her friends, due to the noise and the mess, so I've been hiding out.

Computer's in the main room, of course.

However, I didn't get any sleep, and the internet and the Sims are surefire ways to stay awake, I've learned.

So I'm catching up on my internet comics!

I won't do another one until Wednesday or Thursday - we're getting DSL! No more getting kicked off the internet for... being on the internet!


Onto the comics, shall we?

(I'm high on Jack Sparrow - so I'll be a bit odd.)

The 11th, which was Wednesday!

Damn them. I need to pick up poop today. I think I did it the 11th, but I'm not sure.

All I know is, I've been saving the bags the daily paper comes in (fit the hand pretty well) for a while, so I can scoop the poop while walking the dogs.

Only...

It's been hot.

Really hot.

So when it's cool, we play in the big, fenced in back yard, after picking up the poop of course.

I thought Pluggers were suburban/rural freaks of nature. Why should they be walking their dog so it can poop? Don't they have yards?

As for the caption, what the hell are they referencing? The US postal service? FedEx? UPS?

And do they follow the dog-looking Plugger around with a scoop and a bag? (Smallish shovel - hose it off afterward, hang it on the outside of the shed to dry - every single pooper scooper we've ever had has broken. Shovel works great.)

Onto Thursday's idiocy!



Where to begin.

First - I've never seen an Eskimo pie, and I live right next to North Carolina. (The eastern edge of the state I'm in does, so there.)

Second - good god, these losers never order Chinese food? Or pizza? Or... anything!

Also, it's faintly offensive, though I can't pinpoint why. I got online Thursday, saw this, and gave up.

Also, why eat ethnic food of any kind, Mister Sharp, if that is your real name? American food not good enough for you? To gitmo with the lot of ye scabrous dogs!


And Friday's fresh hell:

Friday was an interesting day for me. I ate "ethnic food" (stuffed pizza from Villa Pizza at the mall, best thing since the only other great one (that I know of, not that I remember the name!) has closed.), bought a few books and comic books, and for the first time this entire summer, had to call in the cavalry from the library. I was wiped, I could not ride home, and I still don't know why. It wasn't as humid or hot as other days, I've done fine in 100 degree weather, but a cloudy 80 something day, and I need my mommy and her air conditioned truck. And I didn't even look bad, not overheated, just too shaky.


The comic - I thought that was a lady Plugger at first. And no, an mp3 player is not the tune you whistle off key because it is stuck in your head! I'm sure iPods will be inserted into or onto future generations, but we're not there yet.

So a Plugger with a wheelbarrow is an iPod now? And we know why it's full of dirt. Burying the bones of his last "battery", or taking dirt from the grave.

If they weren't so bloody stupid and boring, I wouldn't need to make up sinister backstories!


Saturday's fiasco:


Scroggs. Really?

If I get bored enough today, I will tally how many come from the South and Midwest. Probably too many.

As for the comic, that truck is itty bitty! No truck bed is that size, except for those stupid SUV/truck thingamabobs. When we put the dog cage in the back of ours, we can also fit a human comfortably (me, riding along to keep Dixie happy) or too much camping junk.

Second, I know most of North Carolina is rural, but that's not exactly the safest way for your "best friend" to ride. In the cage? In the cab, next to you?

Every time I've taken a dog in the bed without the cage, I've had a leash.

And myself.

Except for one time, and I rode in the back seat with the back window open, watching her the entire time. She was too tired to move.

But God, that can't be safe. I know that dog wants to escape, you can see it in its eyes.

Wickett had to be groomed last week - he rode in the cab both ways - mostly the front, sometimes with his paws on the wheel.

Dixie and Mikey will be groomed later this week. I don't think we'll bother with the cage, it's so hot. Mikey will probably ride inside (ecstatic at the thought of a trip before curling up in a dejected ball of apricot-colored curls in the back seat after 2 minutes), and I'll probably sit in the back, with Dixie by my side.

On a leash.


And today's tripe:

"Almost finished"????

It's got no walls, no security!

And that tree's not tall enough to warrant a tree house, I'm sorry.

And I want a tree house. My cousins had one, but they moved and the new owners removed it. It was there before my cousins were! I loved that thing!

I get the "joke" - boarding school, boards are used to make a treehouse - ha ha ha ha.

But it makes less sense than usual. How is a pathetic tree house anything at all like a school? Is he going to play school in there? (Best if you have a close relative working in a school and/or are a well-behaved smart kid - you get a lot of old textbooks and teacher's editions at the end of the year.)

I don't think so.

I do not see the connection between a boarding school and a tree house made of boards!

Besides the fact that both contain the word "board".

Wayne Johnson, if that's the joke you sent in, you're an idiot.

And I'm done! See ya on a highspeed connection!

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.