Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tuesday July 22nd

The comic:


Damn straight this is a classic - I think the "joke" about expensive tennis shoes is older than me, and I'm less than a month from being a decrepit old maid. (20! TWENTY!)

I would not want to buy a car for 185 dollars. You'd probably get more mileage out of the shoes.

On a semi-related note, I am worried about the future, where I have to get a job that requires dress shoes. Tennies and sandals, that's what I wear.

Another thing - I've never called them sneakers. For one thing, I had a dog named Sneakers when I was 6 or so. I remember telling the class we got new Sneakers. Apparently, other people do call the shoes sneakers.

I thought people wore sneakers or tennis shoes because they were comfortable and you could do things while wearing them. Athletic things. And they could get dirty, because they're tennies.

Yeah, SpongeBob is on MTV and his stupidity is much better than the Pluggers'. He's never mean or cruel and um...

Why is RhinoMan looking at expensive shoes? To make himself feel bad?

And I don't want to imagine how a rhino wears shoes. The art is terrible, but those look like they're shaped for HUMAN feet.

Why why why why why does he insist on using monstrous animals to represent Pluggers?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someone get poor Rhinoman to a Payless on the double!

Bryce Baker said...

the explanation about pluggers below the comic should have read "Pluggers love their fallen arches and hammertoes"

Kaitlyn said...

Oh, that's good Bryce.

But how would Pluggers know they had foot problems?

Or if they did, podiatrists are expensive.

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.