Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Thursday the 10th

I'm supposed to move back in today (a day before the official move-in day, avoid some of the insanity), but I'm in some suckeriffic pain. And my doctor wants to see me at 9:15 (after a scheduled 45 minutes with the physical therapist).

So who knows how I'll feel after that. And, the doctor is pretty far away from home, so if I'm moving back in, I've got to pack without knowing what I'll be doing later that day. ::headdesk::

Anyway! Some "people" with worse lives than mine need their daily mocking. (And yes, I know my life isn't the worst ever, but I'm in pain and pain trumps other people's suffering every time.)

The comic:



And now we're back to a world with only elderly Pluggers. (Though I know a number of people who were not old when they became grandparents, not by a long shot.)

So senior Pluggers are great-grandparents?

This new facet of the Plugger is interesting. Pluggers are so poor they have to work after retirement to survive, yet they spend their money on kid's food? I know, she's cutting coupons, but the savings aren't that great compared to just buying the generic version.

Of course, it could reflect the way grandparents spoil their grandchildren much more than they ever thought of spoiling their kids.

Or, since Grandma Plugger is cutting coupons, she's not only trying to buy the grandkids' love with food, she's doing it with name brand items! The other grandmother buys generics. Take that, non-Plugger!

ETA - Fish sticks? FISH STICKS? Your grandkids want chips and candy. I like fish and some fish sticks aren't disgusting, but still! I'm weird!

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.