Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday the 20th

The comic:


In honor of your father? Really?

Oh, my dad was so funny! One year, after the first real snow of the season, he told me he'd finally gotten a snow blower. I ran out to the garage and there it was. A new shovel with a bow on it.

"It doesn't run on gasoline Stevie! We'll show those towelheads a thing or two. Now get to it," he commanded in between sips of hot cocoa.


Yes, a shovel is better, I guess, since you work out more, but sheesh, the whole "ha ha, technology is dum!!!!11!! It just needlessly replaces what we have" thing is just stupid and makes you look stupid.

But damn, I want some snow.

I'm at home right now because mom and Beck went out of town for Beck's birthday (some mall... zzz) and the dogs would've spent the weekend outside. It's going to be below freezing at night and during the day, so here I am.

But no snow.

My grandmother near Atlanta has snow. My aunt and uncle in Nebraska have snow. My grandmother in New Mexico has snow. My uncle in Alaska has snow. And on and on.

Memphis sucks.

Though not as hard as Pluggers.

Hmm.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.