Saturday, April 26, 2008

Thursday, April 3rd

The comic:



Frank Briggs, you saved your skin initially, but getting published kinda guarantees trouble.

They don't look nearly old enough to be married 50 years - if they got married at 18, they'd be 68 now.

Also, his wife is either blind or illiterate. There is a big difference between anniversary and birthday cards. Even if they just say "Hey, you rule!" it ends with a birthday note or a wow, the years have flown by. Hmm. A vaguely worded, boring anniversary card could pass as a birthday card. (I'm thinking of the ones that aren't funny and come from your oldest-seeming grandma.)

I also hate jokes about men - always men - forgetting birthdays and anniversaries. I don't understand it at all. You live with your wife, you should know her birthday! I don't live with my dad, but I do know his birthday. Now, some of my cousins and aunts, that's another story.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.