Sunday, September 16, 2007

I finished most of my homework.

Now for something I'm not being graded on, something my scholarships don't ride on...

something I could ignore until I graduated if I had my way...

Oh well. It's bugging me, especially when I look back at my April entries, full of cannibalism and hope! (Never mind I wasn't doing any damn thing else at the time.)

Tuesday's
:

No names, hmm? Since this stars the best Plugger ever, the perpetually broke, always portly RhinoMan! who is depressed all the time, one can only assume that that is his suicide note. When was the last time you saw a worker eating lunch like that? The '30s, that's when. When the market crashed and people also committed suicide. (I know that was in 1929 - shut up!) Well played, Rhino, well played.

Alternate explanation 1 - There are no names, there is no wife (if there ever was one), and this note is older than I am and the only thing keeping him from leaping to his death and sadly crushing the man with the cure for cancer and Pluggers.

Alternate explanation 2 - As we all know, September 11th is an important day. My cousin's birthday! (Creepy fact - he turned 11 in 2001.) Apparently some records were released as well? Anyways, that was a horrible day for the entire world, not just Pluggers. And this Rhino doesn't live in Pluggerville, but in New York (high rise construction) and we just have a sweet message of love in case we die tomorrow.

I'm not gagging, I've got to stop listening to these two songs. And this one.

Wednesday's
: LAW AND ORDER RULES, I WILL NOT GO OUT AFTER SUNDOWN IF IT MEANS MISSING LENNIE BRISCOE!*

::ahem::

Pluggers are old. So you learn the same shit at college that you did away! Amazing.

Or there are vampires in Pluggerville!

Or, better yet, there aren't and these idiots think, nay, know there are! That would make for a much better comic strip, especially when they put a stake through a kid's body (murder, folks, get your minds out of the gutter) and discover the horrible fangs are fake.

Thursday's
:

Ha, ha, Plugger are proles! Their life sucks no matter who's in charge!

And who doesn't do this? We did, but we'd never call it an 'uprising'. That's just wronger than any other Plugger wrong before.

Friday's
:
Only one comic ever approached the subject of zucchini in a good way - Foxtrot.

I like that it was sent in by a guy, and the guy in the panel is the one running from the excess zukes.

Saturday's:
Getting the paper is a chore now? It is for my sister, yes, but dammit, if it comes to your house, it's not a chore! Walking a mile in the snow for a terrible paper not worth 50 cents, now that is a chore. And I did it, many times when we didn't have a subscription. I'd have killed for that chore!


Today's:
I swear we've seen that name before.

And that kid could have been born in a year starting with 2, which is just so damn awesome, I can't properly explain it!

This really makes the whole animal thing really odd - old dogs don't lose their hair like old people, unless they have mange, which strikes at all ages (I think). Though Mikey scratched himself a baldspot on what would be his shoulder.

I can't believe I did the previous post on a Monday! Didn't I have homework or something?




*I actually did last Thursday to go to a meeting of campus atheists, humanists, and agnostics. Fun, actually.

1 comment:

Cedar said...

Ol' Garrison Keilor made a crack about how August is the only month where Lutherans lock their cars while at church, or else they'll end up with a basket of zuchinni on their passenger seat. Having grown up in Minnesota, that one liner makes me laugh.

I'm confused about Pluggers growing their own vegetables. I thought they only ate super-processed foods, or stuff from restaurants. I have a small garden in my backyard, and my Pluggerish extended family often rags on me (in a fairly good natured sort of way) for being a high falutin' liberal with my fresh tomatoes and my farmers' market.

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.