Friday, November 9, 2007

November 7th

Skipped French this day - too hot. Didn't skip ACAD, we toured the library, and I was the only one brave enough to volunteer to be the typist. It was fun - we found this site, and it's hilarious. (And a warning to not trust the intertubes. We got to it by entering ' Women AIDS facts documentation' and hitting 'I'm feeling lucky' on the Google.)

I also finished my '1000 word' paper for UNHP - we did a peer review on Thursday with the option of taking it home and redoing and turning it in Tuesday if the peer found problems with it. I never talked to the guy before, so we weren't just being nice. But we had the same response - turn it in now, it's great. Which shocked me.

And that building was SO HOT, my little fan did little to make it better - no fresh air, windows don't open.

Onto the comic -



I like 'oldies', but this goes under 'old people'. The illustration, folks.

But one of my favorites - even if I learned the language, I'd never understand, and I don't want to. It's beautiful as it is. Chaiyya Chaiyya by Dil Se

I think this is about rap, which stands for young people, especially young black people.

So it was submitted by an old racist fart.

The drawing, surprisingly, redeems it.

That sigh just looks so sad... this song means something to him. Bravo Brookins, for once. Caption's still shitty as hell.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.