Friday, November 9, 2007

November 6th

A note about this day - it was so damn hot in the CFA building during my UNHP class, but worth it. We saw a professional belly dancer perform and then we all danced. The guys were less shy about it, but we were better. And a cool thing to me - the steps we did involved small kicks, and almost everybody I noticed (big mirror across the wall we faced; I looked down) wearing long - not capris or shorts - pants had a slight flare at the ankle.

Please, no Plugger belly dancing, EVER!

The comic:



Disco dancing, now, that would be just fine.

As long as I never see it.

Being a child of the '90s, I have no idea what the deal is with leisure suits - I've seen pictures, they must have been doing a lot of blow.

Which would explain why RhinoMan is now so poor!

As for the caption, blatant Foxworthy ripoff alert! (Though Foxworthy probably didn't come up with the phrase, he did make it famous.)

Are they Pluggers or rednecks?

Also, as a girl, I'd like to wear a tie for the sake of wearing something girls don't normally wear, since I don't have to.

Ha!

But I did see a reference to 'skinny '60s ties' in one Mad, so I know the width probably varied with the fashions.

No comments:

Disclaimer

The comic is reproduced here for purposes of review only, and all rights remain with the creator, Gary Brookins.